What is a Dyno?
- The dynamometer (dyno for short) is a diagnostic tool that measures power and torque across the rev range, and allows us to simulate riding the bike in a controlled setting.
How is a dyno used to improve my ride?
- A dyno simply measures motorcycle power and torque at many minute points across the rev range. When you combine this measurement with dedicated software, we are also able to monitor sensors (airflow, exhaust, rpm etc.).
- This gives our dyno technician the ability to make adjustments to your bike’s engine management system, until it runs PERFECTLY.
What are the benefits of dynotuning at Brisans?
- Improved responsiveness, fuel economy, rideability, power + Torque gains
- Confidence building
- Less service and maintenance
How do I know if my bike should be dynotuned?
If you have added aftermarket parts like full system exhausts and high-flow air filters, a dynotune will bring out the best performance of those modifications. Think about it - you have increased the capability for air to go in, and exhaust fumes to go out. Your ECU can make minor adjustments factoring in these increases, but isn't set up to handle the increased flow as best as it could.
How long does a dyno tuning session take?
A typical dyno tuning session can take anywhere from 2-6 hours, depending on the complexity of the tuning required. The bike will need to stay with us over a number of days - as each dyno run requires the bike at the end of its warm-up cycle.
Is dyno tuning safe for my motorcycle?
Dyno tuning is a safe and effective way to improve the performance of your motorcycle. The dynamometer is designed to safely simulate riding conditions and the technicians are trained to make the necessary adjustments in a controlled environment. However, as with any motorcycle modification, it is important to have the work performed by a professional and trusted technician.
Why is Brisan Motorcycles the leading Dyno Tuning Centre in Newcastle?
Mick Clarke is Brisan's Dynotuning Extraordinaire!
Mick is Newcastle’s longest-standing dyno man who became a master of fuel injection back in the 80s!
Mick is certified in Dyno Jet Power Commander and Vision Technology, is an expert of Thundermax fuel injection and SS injection models and has trained with Daytona Twin Tech for Harley riders.
Mick has performed over 48,000 Dyno Runs in his time! This equates to over 6 MILLION MEASURED HORSEPOWER.
Mick can make your bike more fuel efficient, perform better and enhance your bike’s throttle response. Let Mick unleash your bike’s potential today!